Welcome to Camden Centre for Learning
The Camden Centre for Learning (CCfL) is Camden’s educational provision for secondary aged students whose primary need is their social, emotional or behavioural development.
It is comprised of the three specialist services in Camden that currently provide support for secondary aged children and young people with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties (SEBD):
- The SEBD Special School (formerly Chalcot School)
- The KS3 Pupil Referral Unit (formerly One One Five)
- The KS4 Pupil Referral Unit (formerly Agincourt House)
The provision is predominantly organised into two schools split by Key Stage.
We cater for up to a 100 young people who require specialist SEBD provision, including students:
- identified as requiring such provision through a statement of SEN (SEBD),
- who have been permanently excluded from mainstream school, or are at significant risk of being permanently excluded, and
- requiring a managed short term intervention to prevent permanent exclusion.
A continuum of support is provided from short term re- engagement programmes to long term provision for statmented students with complex social, emotional and behavioural difficulties.
Welcome to Camden Centre for Learning website. At Camden Centre for Learning we are committed to providing the highest quality provision and learning experience for young people.
We are passionate about supporting each student to re-engage in learning and fulfil their potential. We provide personalised learning opportunities and a broad and flexible range of curriculum pathways to ensure all our students can achieve and be successful.
We have a team of professional experienced and dedicated staff who strive relentlessly to ensure we are providing the best possible opportunities for the young people who attend to gain the highest level of achievement and personal development.
We are extremely proud of our integrated multi-disciplinary team who provide coherent and integrated multi agency provision for the young people and their families and to ensure effective and responsive approaches to meeting the holistic needs of young people and their families. We believe each individual student and family are individuals and deserve to be treated with respect and dignity.
Jeanette Lowe Director Camden Centre for Learning
• Challenge Yourself – We believe every student and adult should challenge themselves to achieve their best and fulfil their potential.
• Celebrate Achievement – We personalise our learning programmes to ensure all students can achieve and we take every opportunity to celebrate student achievements at all levels.
• Focus on Success – We focus on what a student can do, identifying individual targets to support students to succeed in the next step in their learning as well as to make the right choice in their behaviour.
• Learn for Life – The education we provide is designed to improve a student’s life chances and should support a student’s learning not only whilst in school but support the students to continue to learn at all stages of their life.
• To provide high quality local provision for secondary aged students with SEBD who are unable to access mainstream provision.
• To provide a more flexible continuum of provision to meeting students’ needs from short term re-engagement programmes to long term placements for students with the most complex needs.
• To provide personalised learning opportunities and a broader more flexible range of curriculum pathways to ensure all students can achieve.
• To provide coherent and integrated multi agency provision for the young people and their families and to ensure effective and responsive approaches to meeting the holistic needs of young people and their families.